We are thrilled not only to have Bert Monroy at Mac Computer Expo to talk about the techniques he used to create Times Square, but we also have on display a 5-foot-by-25-foot digital illustration of his New York’s Times Square creation! Every element of Times Square was meticulously created from scratch — not from photographs — using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. The 6.5-gigabyte image was built pixel by pixel, using more than 750,000 Photoshop layers.
Facts and Figures about Bert Monroy’s Times Square:
- It is the largest image Bert Monroy has ever created: 60″ x 300″.
- The painting comprises over 5,000 individual Photoshop and Illustrator files.
- The overall image contains over 500,000 layers.
- The flattened file weighs in at 6.52 Gigabytes.
- It took four years to create.
Visit Bert Monroy’s site to explore the Times Square illustration more in depth.